Friday, March 31, 2017

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Power Cookies (Gluten Free)

Recently we lost a dear friend. I felt like she was part of of our family. She is my son's mother-in-law. She lived an amazing life on this earth and I know she still lives and will continue to touch many lives. I was humbled to see how she fought through a very tough battle of cancer for 2 years. She gave it everything she had. She was an inspiration to us. I was reminded again after attending a celebration of her life, that life is short. I also noticed that what was remembered about her was how she loved and served her family and others too. It made me want to be a better person. I think that is why we lose those we love. It makes us reevaluate what we are doing in this life. I learned a lot from this experience. Do what is most important each day. 

I am always in the mood for chocolate chip cookies. I wanted something gluten-free and these were wonderful. I wrapped them up and put them in the freezer. They are ready for a quick breakfast, snack, lunch or dessert. I love them!!!!


Ingredients  Makes 8-10 depending on size you make them

1 egg
1/2 C almond butter (I made homemade)
1/2 C pumpkin puree
4 tablespoons honey (If you want sweeter add 2 more tablespoons)
1 C old fashioned oatmeal (gluten free)
1/2 C quinoa flakes
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2  teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 C dark chocolate chips (chopped smaller if desired)
(You could replace chips with raisins or dried cranberries)

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
2. Combine egg, almond butter, pumpkin, and honey in a large bowl.
3. Stir in oatmeal, quinoa, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until all combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips
5. Scoop on to cookie sheet. I flattened them a little.
6. Bake about 10 min or to desired doneness.
7. Cool on wire rack. If desired wrap them individually in plastic wrap and place them in in a large ziplock and store in freezer.




1 comment:

  1. I am very happy to read the recipe of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Power Cookies which are Gluten free. I have read the recipes of these cookies on many blogs but, they all were having Gluten.

    ReplyDelete