Friday, September 8, 2017

Healthy No Bake Brownies (Gluten Free)


It is so wonderful to enjoy this time of year. I am hanging on to the warm weather as long as I can. There are still a lot of beautiful flowers too. I love warm weather. I love to go on morning walks and take it all in. I exercise as much for my mental health as my physical health. It is so healing. It gives me time to ponder and get things sorted out in my head. I also have done some meditation. I know I have a daughter and son that really like meditation. I want to do that more.

It is wonderful to be able to create little snacks that taste really good and are healthy at the same time. These are taster approved my daughter ate one and then came back for a second one. :) Winner!

They whip up fast and you can make extra for later. You can make them with gluten free oat flour if you are eating gluten free.

Ingredients

1/2 cup of oat flour*(Gluten free)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup ground chia (Optional)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips chopped up*
3/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons coconut oil

Directions  (makes about 10 brownies)

1. In a mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, chia* and chips. 
2. Blend together in blender almond butter, honey, vanilla and oil until all creamy.  Mix into dry ingredients until all combined. 
3. Scoop into balls with a cookie scooper or with spoon. I rolled them into smooth balls with my hands. Delish!
4. Left overs can be stored in an air tight container and store in fridge or freezer.


*I just blend up old fashioned gluten free oatmeal in the blender until it turns to powder.
*I put the chocolate chips in the blender for a couple seconds to break them into smaller pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment